How to balance your Macros

Hello. I am new to this way of eating and this app. I seem to have trouble with protein and fat intake. It seems I max out on my fats before I max out on my protein. I thought I didn't have to worry about fats. Tips please? TIA

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Laura
    • laurawootan2acb
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have the opposite problem! I’m getting too much protein and not enough fat.

what are you eating??  I think the problem for me is beef.  It’s too high in protein. I think I need to stick with pork. Salami seems to be a good meat choice... high in fat lower in protein...

I’m a newbie too sorry im not more help!

Like 2
    • tiralynn
    • tiralynn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Laura thank you for your reply. Yes I do tend to eat more beef but I think I am going to try and eat more chicken and see how that goes

• Hello!  I have been doing this for a week,  and have lost 4.5 pounds but started using the app to see what I was really taking in.  I have trouble with too much protein and not enough fat!  Newbie problems!

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Fatty cuts of beef with marbled fat for keto is better than chicken. I buy well marbled steaks and beef roasts and try to get the fat in my tummy. Chicken has a tendancy to increase glucose if ingested more than beef. I can’t remeber where I found that though. I knew someone who literally self educated on the theories of glucose on ketogenic and what items to avoid. He was a math matician  And understood formulas. I also drink the drippings from roasts also, like a broth. Don’t toss those. It’s a great flu remedy or just plain tasty with the fat drippings in it. 

• tiralynn
    • tiralynn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn  I was worried about the amount of fats I was taking in according to the app. I am still losing weight though. Thank you for your reply.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 205Views
  • 6 Following