Starting Keto today!

Hey everyone, it’s time to get started!  I can’t wait until the New Year I need to start now.  I am currently 195, I have gained 30 lbs over the last 3 years and I am so ashamed of myself.  I am hoping to find support here.   I am sick of the roller coaster.  I am ready for a life change.

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi!  I’m starting today, too!  I weigh 194.  I’m 5 foot 8 and I should probably weigh 165 at the most.  I’m on a Keto plan with some walking and weight training.   I hope to lose 1-2 pounds a week.   What are your goals? :-)

Like 1
    • ayanez39002908
    • Let’s do this for life!
    • a_loPorter
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

carolynzanec7fb Hey!  Same here, our weight is very close but I am 5'5 so heavier.  :)  I am already down 2 lbs day one!  I would love to lose 1-2 lbs a week.  I have a long journey, ideally I would like to get to 135.  I was 165 I would be ecstatic.  I know its going to take some time, but I am patient, and thankful also for this forum.  

Like 1
  • ayanez39002908 

• ayanez39002908 I’m so excited for you!   Thank you so much for sharing with me!   I lost a bit of water weight (went to bed HUNGRY last night).   And this morning was down a couple of pounds.  I’ll plateau at 187 because my body loves camping out there, so in a few days I’ll need to stay strong.  I’m sore from exercising yesterday.  I’d love it if you’d keep me posted on your journey as it’s inspiring to me, but no pressure.  Just know I’m interested.  I have to stay accountable because I have a trip coming up where I have to walk a lot and I want to keep up with the group!

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ayanez39002908 Don’t shame yourself. Love your body no matter what size you are. I found once I accepted the keto lifestyle to become healthier, I had a new found feeling about looking in the mirror in the beginning. Shame is what I did prior to keto. It didn’t help me. I keep telling myself that I’m in this for life, not a fad to take off a few pounds to fit into a special occasion, etc. I know if I ever go back to eating carbs, the progress will be for nothing. Soon we all will be trim and healthier. I have found mind over matter is really important in this lifestyle for months into it. I still have issues being around some types of carbage I will admit. I’m 7-8 months in and I don’t have a house full of keto followers which is challenging.  I really do feel like I have a food addiction. We can do this with the proper tools and mind set. It’s winter now, bring out the roasted meats!😊

Like 2
    • crex52
    • Retired English teacher
    • crex52
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ayanez39002908 I lost a quick 10 pounds and then nothing for about three weeks. It was discouraging. Experienced keto dieters advises me to put away the scale for a bit and try to notice body changes instead. It worked! The scale is going down again but if it hadn’t been for the encouragement, I might have given up, so I’m passing this along in case it happens to you.

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 136Views
  • 4 Following