HELLOOOO everyone!!!!

How is everyone? I am fairly new, been following keto for about a month now and let me tell you I am happy with the way things are going. Honestly, it was my husbands idea to go keto and i admit, it was a good idea. We have been living a paleoish lifestlye for about 2 years and I love how both paleo and keto can merge together.  I am the nerd of the family so he knew once he said something about it, i would do all the research etc that I could before implementing it into our life. I will tell you, I have battled weight issues since I could remember. I would lose and gain, lose and gain like crazy and not healthy. I was finally able to to lose 100lbs and keep it off for about 2 years but with all the weight I was carrying, it took a toll on my back and joints. With that being said, make a long story short,  last November I stood up from the table and lost complete feeling in my right leg (scariest moment in my life) after I caught myself on the counter and stood there for a few minutes, the feeling came back but with excruciating pain. That is where the down hill cycle began. Now my health journey began at 268lbs and I am 5'7 and before the table issue I was lifting, doing 5k fun runs... very active. Then when that happened, everything stopped. I couldn't even take a walk on my good days without pain or my back seizing up. I gained 20lbs and was in the ER multiple times for steroids and muscle relaxers etc. I was referred to a surgeon and I DID NOT WANT IT. I felt that would kill me, kill my career, BUT the pain and not living my life like before was killing me as well. My husband saw my misery and he came across a youtube channel about fasting and keto, he made me watch it and I was wiiling to try anything. So I did what I do best, read read read and started intermittent fasting and cut the carbs. Within the first month I lost 10lbs, quit wearing my back brace at work, and have been able to go for walks up to a mile without pain. AND AND AND, so exciting,  today I did 20 mins of yoga with minimal pain!!!! I havent been this happy in a long time. 

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, welcome 🍍.  I’m glad you are feeling better.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 13Views
  • 2 Following