Carbs in sweetners.

OK I have a question I was making one of kristies peanut butter fat bomb recipes and in the recipe it calls for 1/3 c  powdered sweetner she suggested sukrin Melis  or liquid Stevie to taste. I used swerves confectioners sugar replacement. Which says it has for 1tsp 3 total carbs with 3g erythritol so basically ends up being 0 net carbs but when I plugged all ingredients into carb manager it ended up being 7 carbs per fat bomb when in her recipe it said it should only be .06 carbs with .03 fiber so should have.03 net carbs. 

When I went into the recipe to double check everything it was counting my 1/3 cup of swerve as 80 total carbs with 80 net carbs ? Is it not supposed to subtract the swerve? The only other ingredient that had carb was the 4 g net carbs in the peanut butter.

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole as we say round here, but I am sure some kind, knowledgeable ones will help you out ASAP.

Like 2
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

See, the sugar alcohols are complicated in if themselves, and theoretically have messed with blood sugars and antagonized cravings I have read. Plus, not to mention not natural. I am not versed on sugar alcohols and artificial sweetners, just that I try to avoid them at all costs. I'm not sure anyone can answer your ablove question, but I would just basically calculate the recipe at hand and somehow add it in mentally or physically somehow as a day part of your eating. I would go by the package first though in what they are saying on carb counts etc.  I can't make sweets - last time I indulged on artificial sugar baked  items while on keto years ago - it was a disastrous defeat for me. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 273Views
  • 3 Following