Hi, Newbie here for Vegan Keto for health

Hi, I am 38 and a healthy weight that I want to maintain but I am hoping I can manage the Keto diet way of eating to bring about healthy changes to my mind and body. I have been vegan for 10 years now and a relatively healthy eating one 75% of the time but I’m human and hormonal at times which drives me to the vegan junk and convenience foods. So those habits may be harder to overcome. I have also noticed on my suggested macros that my protein levels are over double what I am used to consuming . I never had to worry about getting my recommended 45g of protein a day, but now I should be aiming for 98g? And it not be tied into carbs... I am only just realising how tied in that relationship is and my reliance on carbs in the form of grains like rice & quinoa and pulses. 
As I suffer from chronic illness and physical health problems, I really like the idea (and science) that by radically changing my nutrient intake I can reduce the inflammation in my body, sleep better, have better mental clarity and more energy. All I need help with. But I am not willing to change my being vegan - so please no suggestions or comments about that.

If anyone has any good tips, or suggestions for being a successful vegan Keto person, I hope you will find the time to comment. 

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • januaryvista
    • Vegetarian Keto Adventurer
    • januaryvista
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I really relate to your post — and am disappointed at the lack of responses.  I, too, am a long-time vegan, at a healthy weight, prone to allowing too much of the junk food in my life, and wanting to reduce carbs for health benefits.  I am intrigued by the possible/reported health benefits of going full keto but have decided to focus on eliminating sugar and rice, and reducing the carbs overall.  

I started using CM about a week ago and was dismayed to see just how high my carb intake has become!  And like you, CM’s protein recommendation for me seems unreasonably high.  I’m choosing to focus on reducing the carbs and increasing the fat.

So, although I’m not yet able to offer any helpful tips, I very much offer my support and encouragement.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 19Views
  • 2 Following