Hey, from North Carolina mountains

Hi, I’ve been on keto before and lost nearly 100#.

I’ve been off for many months and have gained 20#.

Today, I’ve gotten back on. And I’m going to use this app to track and motivate.

The hardest thing is that I’m a recent widow and I’m eating alone and have very little motivation to cook. I’m find eating “meals” is just not going to happen. So I’ll eat some turkey here, some mixed veg or cruciferous vegetable there, Just  not a 3-4-5 course or whatever meal.

Last time I did intermittent fasting - trying to eat only between 2p and 7p, with the exception of BPC in the AM (helped me get my total daily fat up). I also fasted 1-2 days a week.

Sooooo..... it’s “back in the saddle again.”

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • hi from North Carolina's northern star, hehe. 

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi 👋  Kathy welcome to the forum. I have no idea how I missed your post from 4 days ago, sorry. North Carolina ❤️ was the first state my husband & I ever visited so will be forever special to us.  I cannot imagine my life without him so my heart goes out to you over the sad loss of your husband. I am amazed you’ve only regained 20 of the original 100 to be honest. What a fabulous weightloss and well done (typical British understatement) coming back to Keto living.

Don’t know where in the mountains you are. We flew into Charlotte, stayed one night then drove & stayed a night in Asheville then 7 nights in Maggie Valley before 8 nights in Banner Elk. Beautiful. Could have lived in Blowing Rock 😀 this was back in 2000. 17 yrs on, so far, Wyoming is our all time favourite state, Jackson Hole if we were multi millionaires......

A great refresher place to start is with a black coffee (with or without heavy cream) and read old posts galore. Feast on them. Don’t miss, under Low Carb Chat, Favourite Self Education. 🌷can’t wait to hear how you are getting along.

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 120Views
  • 3 Following