Disheartened

Third time's a charm (I hope). Giving this another go...I get discouraged quickly though - mainly because I seem to end up with no protein left..and lots of fat left...yet not much eaten (cheese,eggs,deli ham for lunch etc..) any advice would be appreciated. 

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • The first few days are the hardest to get through.    The most important macro to follow is the Carbohydrates.  That number you need to stay under each day.  Second watch your protein.  If you don't eat enough of that your body will find it elsewhere (muscles).  The fat component is there to help you feel full.   You don't have to max out on all 3 every day.  

A good source of fat and protein is a hamburger patty.  Toss one or 2 on the grill, cook it up and have it with some pickles, cheese  and mustard and mayonnaise.  You'll get a decent amount of fat from the hamburger and mayonnaise.  

There are also some salad dressings that contain no carbs that are pretty good.  One I use is made by Brianna's.  It's a French Vinagrette (glass bottle, has an artichoke on the front).  Grab a bag of baby spinach, dice an avocado, diced chicken breast and some back and add a couple tablespoons of the dressing.  That has fats from the avocado, some from the chicken, the bacon and the salad dressing.  Plus you'll get a good dose of Potassium, Magnesium and Sodium from this which are the electrolytes you need to help curb the "Keto Flu" feelings that will come with the start of ketosis.  

Good luck!

Like 1
  • Hello. Congratulations at having another go.  A tip I learned a couple of days ago is to make sure that every meal is one where your fat content is higher than the protein.  So for example, if you are having a chicken salad for lunch, add olive oil or MCT oil to up the fat content.  Good luck!

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 65Views
  • 3 Following