Racing Heart and Quick to Tire

This is day 10 on Keto for me. I have been having frequent heart palpitations and even though I feel pretty good I tire pretty easily even with light activity...ie climbing the flight of 20 stairs at work or working in the garden.

I am drinking about 64 oz of water a day, at least 2 bottles a day I use propel in my water to replace electrolytes. I am also taking a 250mg magnesium supplement every day.  I am struggling to get my calories in. Is there something else I need to be doing...the heart palpitations are so frequent and I am tiring quickly that it is a bit un-nerving.

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This was so me too so I fully understand how scary it is. It’s taken me 5 weeks to get my energy back. Electrolytes are the key, not over doing things or the water for a bit, potassium, magnesium, zinc & copper are all on my daily supplement list.  Do you take blood pressure tablets? I found my blood pressure had dropped so much after coming off sugar & carbs I no longer needed one of my pills and a much smaller dose of my second.

This is my second attempt at living Keto, first time around ( Sept-Dec 2017) I was better prepared  this time but it has taken 5 weeks to get the balance right. If you have any further problems see your Dr. Hope this helps.

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Re calories, add some macadamia nuts & olives for a snack ~ sat in your garden.

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

There’s also a link (somewhere! in self education finds) about not exercising when you first start on Keto, your body has a lot of adjustments to make as it is. Same principle applies with garden/housework, slow & steady until your energy returns. I now have no afternoon slump and can go steady away all day and into the early evening without flagging. I am 57.

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lowcarbdieterb507 you need 4500 mg or so a day of potassium. This is essential. I forgot my potassium supplements and had horrible horrible heart Palpaptions. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Throbbing, misbeats, a little woozy feeling. Once the potassium settled in my system, all is good now. I have to remind myself to eaither eat avacodos and or take the supplements. 

Like1 Follow
  • Status Answered
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 332Views
  • 4 Following