Hi! I’m Beth and new to the program! Any suggestions how to get more fat? I can’t meet my daily goals - MCT makes me sick. Thanks!!

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Allen2777
    • Allen2777
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Beth146 I use coconut oil in alot of my foods.....its very high in fat and only requires a small amount. 

Like 1
  • Avacado, walnuts, olive oil, butter Bacon 

Like 1
    • Gin
    • Gin.3
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I add heavy cream to my coffee to help some. 

Like 1
  • I lost 15 lbs. after 2 months following the Keto diet, then  I switched to low carb diet.

Why? I got sick consuming 70% fats. So what I did, I just limited my intake of carbs, ate lots of protein and veggies. Fats? If there is fat in my food that's it if not then there's none. Although I supplement it with almond milk and heavy cream.

I lost another 15 lbs after switching to low carb diet. Then my weight plateaued.  I'm happy with my current diet.

Like 3
  • RODOLFO URBANO said:
    I lost 15 lbs. after 2 months following the Keto diet, then  I switched to low carb diet.   

Why? I got sick consuming 70% fats. So what I did, I just limited my intake of carbs, ate lots of protein and veggies. Fats? If there is fat in my food that's it if not then there's none. Although I supplement it with almond milk and heavy cream.

I lost another 15 lbs after switching to low carb diet. Then my weight plateaued.  I'm happy with my current diet.
    Losing Weight
    Losing weight is all about decreasing calorie intake.  How to do it is up to you.
    One of the best examples is the...
    The Twinkie Diet                            
    To illustrate that the importance of calorie intake, Mark Haub. M.S., Nutritioinist at Kansas State College, went on a calorie restricted junk food diet.
    Haub dropped 27 lbs and improved his blood lipid profile.  Haub went to state that he does not recommend the junk food diet.  It was simply don't to illustrates that "Calories Count".
    Atkins' Diet = Low Carb Diet
    With Atkins you go keto initially.  Once the weight is lost, you slow reintroduce carbohydrates back into your diet.
    The key to knowing the right amount of carbohydrates for you is you scales.
    If you weight increases, you decrease your carbohydrate intake.
    It come down to finding what work for you and that you can live with.
    Kenny Croxdale
  • I Beth, I'm new to this program as well.  Because I am bedridden, my husband gets all my food and it sucks because he hates to cook so I am doing my best.  I went for a whole month and didn't lose anything.  I didn't gain anything either, so I am going to try harder to lose something this month.  I have to take off 15 pounds before I can go under the knife.  I could really use support because if I have to hear my skinny ass husband's so-called support, I'm going to puke...lol!!!

Like 1
    • Beth146
    • Beth146
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

RODOLFO URBANO 

thank you!  I was thinking I might have to do the same. If I could drop about 10 more pounds I may just go low carb too. I also have about 30 lbs I’d like to lose. 

• Beth146 

You can do this!

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 45Views
  • 8 Following