Ketones under my measurement

What do I put there and how do I get those values?

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Unless you are measuring your blood or urine to get your own readings there’s nothing you can put under the measurement section within the App on the subject of Ketones. Getting into ketosis happens naturally when you eat no more than usually 20g of carbs per day. There’s plenty of information within older posts and under the heading of low carb chat you will find a sub heading called Favourite Self Education ~ with links to YouTube videos, books, websites etc.

enjoy your journey 🌷

• 20 g net carbs?

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra I am trying to second guess what you are asking exactly  ~ I am going to assume that you are asking net or total carbs ~ just replied to someone else on the subject, browsing the posts will really help you. Basically the choice is yours, depends on how you intended to get your carbs ~ non starchy vegetables always should be net carbs in my opinion. 🌷

• Well, it's just that you said 20 grams of carbs per day so I asked if you meant net or total carbs.  I find using net a bit of a pain-- I think I would use it if I felt this app was giving me more flexibility in the way I entered my foods- there are many more foods that aren't even here (I don't have a smartphone so i depend on the drop down menu) for me to track correctly,  and I can't change the measurements the way I would like to to make it correct.  My salmon on this app as apposed to My Fitness Pal has 100 calorie difference and macros are different as a result for the meal.  What I am trying to say is that I may use this site for info, and community-but I probably won't track with it daily as I prefer MFP and the way members can put in info there.   But, as you say, it is my choice, however I just wanted to know how many did it here. I understand if you are  eating a lot of vegetables, that net carbs makes more sense because of the fiber.  So it is something to think about, thank you.

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra I agree tracking is a pain. I gave up apart from new foods. I keep carbs low otherwise just eat intuitively now ~ so much less stressful once you understand the principles of a Keto lifestyle. I do not count calories either. I eat differently to Leanne at Healthful Pursuit, personal preferences etc ie no artificial sweeteners, different meats, less veg I think.... but her relaxed approach to the keto lifestyle is more me, can’t be bothered to over think or track food especially when in the zone of just getting on with it & doing it right.  This is my approach not saying it is how anyone else should live.... best wishes. 🌷

worst ever weight 289lbs a long time ago now 😀

today  186lbs 

goal 170lbs

Calories https://youtu.be/2lTSvNt_hZo

• Thanks.  This is all pretty new to me and it will take time for me to decide if it is right for me or how to incorporate some of the principles into my life-I really can't cook at all and I am a senior citizen, as they say!  I was just diagnosed with diabetes a couple weeks ago- I gained a lot of weight after quitting smoking and that put me into diabetic territory.    Congrats on losing all the weight!  I weight within a few pounds of what you do right now, except I'm 5'1 so my goal is more like 130!  Ish.  Need to be realistic.  Hope to see you around again. Best wishes to you.

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies
  • 222Views
  • 3 Following