New me in 2019?

Hi! My name is Myrtle and I’m not  very clued in when it comes to technology hence title only on last post! I plan to start my low carb journey tomorrow and would welcome any help or a buddy.  I am a 62 year old female from Northern Ireland. 

18replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Myrt! I’m not technologically savvy either, so I might not be able to find this post again. Lol. But wanted to say I wish you much success on your keto journey. Lola from USA

Like 1
    • Myrt
    • Myrt
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

• Hello Myrt and Lola, I’m starting this journey as well...

• Winter
    • Winter
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello ,, Nice to meet you Myrtle ,, I am Winter , i am 55 and looking for anyone to help me stay motivated ,, Feel free to send me a freind request.. I wish you much success in your journey as the person who posted before me did. 

Like 1
    • Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Like you I am new to keto.   I would appreciate it if you and I could become buddies on this journey.  We all could use extra support and guidance... 

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Chrysyoungrn4155 

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola Hi! Nice meeting you. Hello all! Happy New Year! 🎊 I’m still trying to learn this new app. So far I am amazed at what it can do. But I’m still having a little trouble setting my profile up. At first I told it to ease me into program for 14 days. It shows I’m allowed 150 gr carbs a day.   But the past 2 days I’ve gotten 40 and 50 carbs per day so I tried resetting to go right into keto but my wheel still shows a percentage of 150+ carb. I’m diabetic so can’t go too low in carbs but I’m willing to try for 30 gr per day to see if my blood sugar stays regulated and not too low. I basically have 5 lbs to lose but need to eat low carb due to blood sugars. So I need to be on here for the long haul. 

• Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

Like you,  I am a diabetic and I would love to be off of my meds.  I have a long journey ahead of me.  My goal is to lose 120 pounds in 2019.  

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mariska, if I were you I would set a few smaller goals ( maybe 20 lbs) for myself, rather than the whole amount by end of this year.  The reason for that is twofold. One- you will achieve your mini goals quicker which will be extremely rewarding to you. Two- once you’re closer to your ideal weight, the weight loss will slow down as your body adjusts to its new weight. Of course,  It’s your decision to do it whichever way seems best.  Wishing you much success! 

• Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

Thanks for the advice. You made a really good point; I need to make small goals.  A  120 pounds is a long process but if I break them into 20 or 25 pound goals I will be more likely to achieve those goals.   I appreciate the help.  I must admit I am afraid of failing yet another diet. 

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Mariska 

• Lola
    • Lola.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dont be afraid of failing. If you fall one day, you just pick yourself back up and keep going the next day. Think of it as a day to day achievement.  If you have more successful days than unsuccessful  days, you’re still winning.  Think of it as a journey that begins with one step.  So continue forward with each step. Just keep doing it one day at a time, one step at a time, one meal at a time. You can do it this time!! 

• Hello MARISKA, keto isn’t really a diet, but a lifestyle, and it makes sense especially if you’re a diabetic...and as Lola says it’s one day at a time, small goals work better...but it’s not about the weight loss..it’s the health benefits that are achieved...the weight loss is a bonus.

• Hi Myrt! If you need support you can join https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelowcarblifestyle/ It's free and you will receive awesome recipes, meal plans, motivation, tips and advice. You will be able to interact with people like you who are following the low carb lifestyle.

• Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Chrysyoungrn4155 

Thank you for the kind words and support.  I have let myself go for so long and now I am ready to make the commitment to a better healthier life. 

Like 1
    • Mariska
    • Mariska
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Lola 

I will take one day at a time.  If I should have a setback then I will get right back on track.  I know my body will be fighting me along the way.  I will keep moving on...

• Mariska 

“I must admit I am afraid of failing yetanother diet. “

You and me both sister!!  Let’s do this!

• Myrt
    • Myrt
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Eril Wiehahn 

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 18Replies
  • 116Views
  • 7 Following