Hi - I'm Judy and my hubby and I are just starting Keto...

I asked a few friends and they recommended the Carb Manager for the app.  We're so new to this, we're practically a fetus.  :)    Trying to figure out how to add a recipe - and then, what does it actually mean?  How do we know if we're eating too much or too little?  When setting up the app, it asked questions, but not know what they meant - I just picked Keto.

Should I be more specific?  Not even sure about the ratios.  Yikes.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Goldryder
    • Goldryder
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome Judy!    Just take it slow and easy and don't put yourself under a bunch of pressure to get it all perfect right away.   There's so much helpful information and so many ways to consume it.     You'll find what works best for you - YouTube videos, Blogs, Books, forums.     Just focus on learning the basics and CarbManager is an excellent tool for learning how to mix and match food to meeting your macro levels.     I'm new too, a couple months in.     My advice to you is simply to establish the habit of tracking EVERYTHING you eat, then gradually work your way into reducing your carbs as you learn more about the lifestyle.       Learn about the keto flu - cuz if you do decide to jump ALL IN right away - be aware of that and don't let it discourage you.

Like 1
    • Amy_O
    • Amy_O
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Preach! Carb Manager is not the most user-friendly (at first), but I’m committed. Share your skills as you learn them! 

Did you start by setting your macros and calories and such? 

• Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In the menu on the left side, at the bottom, is Learn About Keto.  There are several good articles that helped me get started.  Other than that, ask away.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 28Views
  • 4 Following