Question About Macros

I'm hitting my macros exactly everyday according to the keto ratio and my caloric intake. But I have a question about adjusting my calories from day to day. I'm an athlete in several different sports, and some days I need more calories than others due to my workout schedule. When I adjust my calories, naturally the macros numbers change as well. For instance, if i bump up my calories from 2000 to 2500, protein, fat and carbs grams all go up a little bit. Is this ok to do and still remain in ketosis?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Mr Balls
    • Mr_Balls
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sorry nobody answered this for me, but now that I have been doing it for a period of time, I can answer the question myself.

I have stayed in ketosis just fine by cycling my calories and macros up and down significantly. I vary my caloric total from 500-700 calories up or down depending on the day, and as long as I maintain the keto ratio 5-25-70 I stay in ketosis. I've confirmed this many times by actually testing for ketones.

Like 2
  • Mr Balls Glad you figured it out.  The app allows your exercise calories to be deducted. I chose not to because I might over eat.  Good luck 

Like 2
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 74Views
  • 2 Following