For starters

Hi there, i am starting this diet tomorrow (jan 1st) and would like all the help and tips i can get.  Do you have anything that helped you start and not cheat at the beginning?

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Take some time and read posts here. Very informative. All I can say is willpower will be your successor. 

Like 1
  • I’m starting this week. Want to get a few things out of my pantry first. Good luck!

Like 1
  • following

• Starting too. Day 2. Still feel like I don’t get the macros.  My protein is too high. Any suggestions 

Like 1
    • blestmom4
    • blestmom4
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

miadoman134348 Day 3 for me and I’m having the same thing. I’m fine with staying under 20 carbs, but my protein is way high (71 g today!) Help! However, I’m still at <5% carbs, 20% protein & 75% fat. So, is that ok? 

• blestmom4
    • blestmom4
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

blestmom4 Actually I’m 19% protein & 77% fat! 

• pftfet
    • pftfet
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

First time I lost  50 lbs gained back 20 over the last year doing it again my breakfast is boiled Eggs I buy pre boiled from Costco, and also pre cooked bacon from Costco you stay full all day!  Steak or chicken for dinner small salad

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

blestmom4 How does your body feel with that ratio? Time may tell especially on day 3ish.  You may want to up some fats if you feel sluggish in the days ahead. In starting, moderate calorie restricting can lead to oopsies, and hunger. So feed your body keto, stay under 20 or less net carbs and you should be okay. As time goes on, you will find possibly less hunger or more hunger. Than it’s time to tweak a bit. I had hunger at the begining and according to my “wheel” and weight loss I was eating the amounts suggested but realized I have to adjust to the ketogenic first. That’s the most important step, and if your hungry, move the wheel and caloric counts up a bit, then move them down when your finding less hunger. In time you will be eating a lot less and will be amazed at how you will go without even thinking about eating for hours and hours. Sadly the wheel can mix people up first staring ketogenic. You have to know which I’m sure you do, your goals but can’t jump out of the gate with such restrictions right at first with fats and proteins because your brain and metabolism is going to fight you even more. If you can run the hurdle of 20 net or less carbage for a few months, that’s the key player here for health. I had twice the protein and fats a few days starting out because my body and brain wanted it. I let it happen.  Day after, half the calories I needed and wanted. The metabolism is a strange thing, and our mind set. True diligence will bring you success but you will be successful if eating true keto, without worrying 100% on macros of protein and fats at first. Let’s get you through adaptation and see how your doing. I ate a bucket of macadamia nuts one time in the beginning. I didn’t beat myself up to badly because I was still adjusting. Keep us posted. 

Like 1
    • pftfet
    • pftfet
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn This had been my main stay fo the last 2 years, and it keeps me full all day, I change it up for scrambled eggs with sausage cooked into it half the time, with a cup of coffee, I am never hungry until about 4pm which I do eat a variety of proteins with a salad, but because I wasn’t as careful the last year I am going back on only protein for about four days and then introduce my salads, you keep saying go on Keto isn’t that what I’m doing?

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

pftfet I’m not sure what your doing, if it’s low carb or ketogenic. 

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 379Views
  • 8 Following