Cauliflower Pizza

I have heard so much about cauliflower pizza crust. There are ‘low carb’ recipes all over the net. I finally made one my daughter selected today and was appalled when I created the recipe in this app only to find nothing low carb about it. Mostly because it takes so much cauliflower to make a pizza big enough for 2 people to have two pieces.  It was so good (delicious) but takes 1/2 a very large cauliflower.  Any advice?

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Cauliflower is pretty low carb.  10oz is only 5 net carbs.  How many ounces did you use?  Are you counting net or total carbs?  Whole Foods carries a cauliflower crust from a company called Outer Aisle that's only 4 net carbs for a plate sized crust.  They are in the section by the raw tortillas.

Like 1
    • Vicki
    • Vicki.8
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake After a more careful breakdown of the pizza I think the big problem was my topping choices.  Thank you

Like 1
    • Synthetic
    • Synthetic
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Stores carry cauliflower crust pizza too and it is lower carbs than traditional but still high. I think fathead dough is the best option for pizza and chicken/parmesan crust second and for quick and easy mini pizza... a low carb wrap prebaked ;)

• Synthetic
    • Synthetic
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Vicki Marinara and veggies can quickly add the carbs.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 102Views
  • 3 Following