Low carb (not keto) groups?

Hi, I downloaded this app ages ago but never used it. Today is the day.

I've tried keto but it is not for me so I want to do a general low-carb diet.

Are there any groups that are low-carb? (I'm sorry, keto members, but some of you get too much into the "rules" and I need this to fit into my actual life.)

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Charlie
    • Charlie
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

In the app, when you click on “Community”, there is a choice for Forums (which is where we are) and also for “Groups”. If you select that and scroll, there is a low carb group chat.

Keto is not for everybody. But then I don’t think there’s a one-size-fits-all for this eating thing we do. Good luck on your low carb journey.  Numbers are a good way to get people started down the right path and get a feel for what the proper proportions of everything look like.  

Like 2
  • Hi Kathyr

I have been eating low carb hogh fat for a good couple of months. Isually in combination with 16/8 IF.  I have never felt better and then I had last week off. Holiday. I have let myself go so much with carbs and sugars and everything I could think off and I felt like shit. Doing this made me realise that I was definetely on the right path. 

I am here now to try keto but haven’t reached it yet.  I hope you fine what you are looking for. I love it and I will keep doing it. Fully keto or just lchf.

norm

• kathyr
    • kathyr
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Norm,

Yes, I feel better, too, when I limit carbs (especially white ones!) and sugar.

I've been doing a low(er) carb diet but I, personally, don't do well on a diet with too much fat. Too many fats make me feel sick to my stomach, so Keto is not an option for me. I tried it and it wasn't pretty!

My problem is that so many eating a Keto diet seem to think it's their way or no way.

My way is working for me but it would be nice to find some support.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 80Views
  • 3 Following