Hello from Ontario, Canada 馃嚚馃嚘

Tomorrow marks 3 weeks of my lifestyle makeover. Have been doing bootcamp 4x/week and doing Keto and IF (in my day, was literally just skipping breakfast LOL). Never weighed or measured myself when starting, as too afraid of what I鈥檇 see. Clothes are definitely looser. Weighed myself last Wednesday for the first time...I shudder at what I must have been. Today marks day 1 of a month of Speed Keto, to really try and shift some pounds. Finding the layout super confusing, having to open 4 different documents to figure out what I鈥檓 doing next. There are an awful lots of fasts, like some nearly 2 days long, which does scare me (especially when doing bootcamp)! Hoping I have the perseverance and willpower to get me through this, and hoping to lose a good amount of weight...then back to regular Keto.

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Welcome I shunned fasting as well. You are doing IF smart because 1/2 of the fast is at night 馃榿.  When you are fat adapted meaning you are off carbs and burning ketones fasting becomes easier.  I did a 40 hour fast after bingeing on peanut butter.  Since then I am able to do 19-20 hours pretty easy.  

You doing boot camp is amazing along with learning your new way of life.  Keep it UP 

Like 1
    • 4kaz
    • 4kaz
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra06201374ad Thank you! I can do 24 hours, I鈥檝e done a couple prior to starting, but 66 hours?! Yikes. I鈥檓 a nurse and I can鈥檛 help but think that鈥檚 not ideal. I mean, I鈥檒l do it as, touch wood, I have no underlying health issues, other than being fat, but that is LONG!!! You lose weight because you are actually starving. I had read about fasting, never imagining it would be for that long a period. I had emailed them asking about their fasts before signing up, but never got a reply. Not sure how I鈥檒l make out at bootcamp with no food...I guess I鈥檒l find out.

• Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Two day long fasts seem extreme especially when combined with 4x week boot camp workouts.  Besides effect on general health, I would be concerned with stalling my metabolism.  I would start with regular keto and exercise.  You can then gradually incorporate intermittent fasting.  Be careful 

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 22Views
  • 3 Following