Here’s to propose a “Here’s What I Have Found” thread to complement the “Favorites in Self Education” thread below ...

I love what’s going on here in our shared Self Education here. Great Stuff !  It dawns on me that I have found a few habits and other things to try which have actually helped this journey.  This is all so multi-faceted when put into active practice along with each of our individually specific expectations. And we are are all so very different in so many ways. However, what has recently worked for you might just pull me out of the swamp tomorrow ! I’ll reply to this by suggesting an initial kind of format to maybe give this a somewhat easy accessibility in forum style.  If you like this idea, pls think of what’s recently worked nicely for you and share that with the rest of us !  

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK ! ( experimenting w format here )

ISSUE:   Coming Back fm “Carbing Up” - for any reason or circumstance :

I’VE FOUND:  Totally turning the tables and going purely ketogenic worked for me this time .  First 2 days pure egg fast, nothing else.  Just 2 days of that.  Now I’m nicely back in the saddle with this.  Cool thing was - No decisions, No choices.  Plan each day out with Timed egg feedings  ( 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon “good fat” every three hours on the clock  for 5-6 eggs a day is one way this has been described )  BORING, but that’s the deal.  

—-

• yatesa12
    • yatesa12
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

OK !! ( Thought I’d do another very recent find for me ( ! )

ISSUE:  Keeping it all together to wind up with decided carbs and other macros. 

I FOUND:  If I plan each day’s intake first thing in the morning - and log it into this app as if I’d actually swallowed all of it (!!), then I’ve git it made - have chosen each food and portion of it to match my chosen macros. The day looks GREAT right now and it’s only 9:21am my time. 

I generally cook for two so this works right into my morning habit of prepping dinner first thing. ( my hubbie will do something (eg grill the 🐠) before we eat and then do all the clean up  so this is sweet!)

If I change my mind on something, I’ve got to calc it in.  The only drawback seems to be any tendency to just add something without counting it. I might start just coming in with a few carbs left to spare (!)

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 135Views
  • 2 Following