Potassium and magnesium supplement s

I am on week 2 of my Keto diet.  I have been hearing that you should be taking potassium, magnesium and 2 teaspoons of sea salt daily with the Keto diet.  Anyone do this?  What dosages of the magnesium and potassium?   

Thanks 

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Keto diet flushes electrolytes from your body since there are no carbs to hold onto them. It is not recommended to supplement with potassium as taking too much can be deadly. You should use Pink Himalayan Salt which has all your electrolytes. Salt all your food and you can even put some in your water if you are feeling weak or nauseous. Magnesium there are many thoughts as to the type. Most say to use Mag Citrate at 400 mg/day. Your best food sources for Potassium and Magnesium are avocado, nuts and dark leafy greens.

Like 6
    • 3kidsomy
    • 3kidsomy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I use pink salt, Chelated magnesium and zipfizz, Dr. Berg or NoSalt for potassium. Potassium is anywhere from 2500-4700mg depending on who you listen to, and magnesium is 300-500mg, sodium is 5,000-7,000mg. Your potassium should be 2x the amount of sodium intake. I take supplements so i get exactly what i need without worrying about my macros.

Like 1
    • bammy
    • bammy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’m drinking Smart water.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 323Views
  • 5 Following