In need of 16:8 recipies

It has been hard trying to count everything and what to eat. Anyone have a 16:8 daily meal guide or source?

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Supermom
    • Supermom.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Candy I used a mealplan in the first month and wasted a truckload of money on groceries necessary to accommodate it.  Not worth it.  I just eat very basic foods.  Breakfast is always coffee with cream in it.

Lunch is always 3 eggs with whipping cream added, and a mushroom for the vitamin D and fibre I saute first.  Add half an avocado with lemon juice on it, or Chile Lime seasoning or Tajin is good too. 

Dinner ideas are home made hamburgers full of salt and steak spice and some mustard.  100g of meat, maybe 120 grams max.  Same for fish.  I steam some asparagus, broccoli or roast some cauliflower to go with.  I consume a ginormous salad of 50/50 spinach/baby lettuces with strawberries blackberries and raspberries in it and a full ounce of chevre (goat cheese) crumbled in.  Dressing is half EVOO and half apple cider vinegar that has some Nutritional Yeast added.  I use an old Renee's salad dressing bottle and 2 tbsp of the Nutritional Yeast for the whole bottle.  Garlic basil or lemon are nice in that too to change up the flavour every few weeks.  You can chop chicken into the salad, or have a scoop of tunafish mixed with mayo with salad.  You can saute a gigantic pan of spinach as a side dish as it cooks down into a little lump in 2-3 minutes and packs in good nutrients.

There is a book called Easy Keto with stupidly simple recipes in it, the waffle is my favourite, but you have to get Steeves Maples syrup as we cannot have maple syrup that's on Amazon Prime.  Order a bunch of those as it goes fast.  Waffle recipe is:  2 tbsp mascarpone cheese microwaved 30 seconds before adding to 2 eggs beaten, 1/4 c whipping cream, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt, Stevia to taste I use about 1/4 tsp, and 4 tbsp coconut flour.  Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.  Oil the waffle iron so it will release quickly when cooked.  I drizzle melted butter on my waffle, then lots of Steeves Maples syrup.  Hope this all helps!

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 31Views
  • 2 Following