Hello, Ive been looking into starting this keto diet and I have to get quantities. 

I searched the website and wanted to know how many grams of carbs protein and fats I should be having.

the only one I was successful on finding was carbs and it said 20-30grams a day.

any idea on how much of the other groups I can have??

i have done the Atkins like 13yrs ago but after 4 kids it’s time to get myself in gear for a change!

any help will do- thank you!!!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi 👋 welcome to the forum. Grab a cuppa and read through old posts. There’s also under the Low Carb Chat, a Topic called Favourite Self Education with so many links and so much to learn all for free.  

Set your mind once you have decided if Keto is really for you , on the first 2 weeks which are a bit different to how you will eat once fat adapted.

Focus on having at hand plenty of the foods you can enjoy.

Eat to being statisfied counting just your carbs works fine, 20g is my personal limit. If you eliminate  all other carbs except 20g of non starchy vegetables, sugar in any form - check All packaging, this means no fruit, no honey, no agave or maple syrups etc, all artificial sweeteners, no creamers ~ you are coming off highly addictive stuff your body will be busy and needs to rest as much as you can at first ~ before you kick into ketosis and then fat adapted when energy will improve and cravings & appetite change.

I am only 3 months in, and this is my experience, the more you read the more you will realise how much there is to learn. But it is joyful seeing the pounds drop off 😀

in time proteins should be 3-6ozs per meal but give yourself time to focus on sorting those carbs & sugars and enjoying fat for the first time, I suspect, guilt free.

• If your asking how many carbs, protein, fat you should eat each day. If you go to settings on this app there is an option called macro calculator. That will help you figure this out.

Like 2
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 158Views
  • 3 Following