Why did I only loose 2 lbs. I am in ketosis. I pee on the sticks 3 times a day to confirm. I work out 5 days a week. It’s been a week!

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Ketosis doesn’t guarantee weight loss.  Ketones are an energy source in place of glucose.  Weight loss varies depending on age, sex, current weight, activity level, genetics,   body type, health, and metabolism. Just keep going it’s best not to expect more than 1-2 lbs weight loss a week.

Like 1
    • pcirish
    • pcirish
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

you might be losing weight in fat but also gaining muscle mass if you are working out that much which is a good thing. it's just the numbers on the scale that messing with your head.  try measuring yourself also like how big your waist arms legs neck.  check it with your weight it might take while to notice but I heard it usually the first way to notice that your actual loosing weight

Like 1
    • Bgump502
    • Bgump502
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The initial weight loss people typically see with Keto is water weight. If you don’t have that, then you won’t get that big drop. 

If you’re working out 5 days a week, and it’s safe to assume that you’ve been working out for a while, the diet is just new, then there is the high chance that your body just doesn’t retain water because of your active lifestyle. 

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 151Views
  • 5 Following