Eating my burned calories

My fitbit is linked to Carb Manager. CM will add my 'burned calories' to 'calories left' to eat.  My calorie budget is 1447. If I burn 500 calories then my budget rises to 1947. Should I eat my burned calories or leave them as burned? What will be more effective weight loss?

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi,

I had that issue when I first started keto.  My recommendation is if you're counting calories, then do not eat the calories burned.  I don't count my calories and only eat when I feel hungry.  I've learned on keto, calorie counting can be done but is not necessary.  Hope I helped.

Like 1
    • Selkirk
    • Selkirk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Keto_robbyrob Yes that helps. Sometimes I still have calories to eat but I don't feel like eating anymore for the day. So you're saying it won't screw up the formula? It is mostly about staying on your macros percents, and less about counting calories?

• marisa
    • marisa
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I never eat my burned calories. I find I will not lose. However, there are lots of people who do and lose just fine. You have to do d what works for you.

Like 3
  • Selkirk sorry for the long time to respond. So yea, as long as your percentages are good, obviously everyday won't be perfect, however if you follow that macro chart and the percentages you'll be spot on everytime. The only time I really look at my calories is when I am trying to add more muscle so I will over eat but stay in the macro range and keep.my carbs under 50g still.

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 372Views
  • 4 Following