New and Hoping this works

Hi.  I was REALLY apprehensive about Keto because of the fat intake required. My fear was that there would be an impact on cholesterol or other labs.  After talking to a few people and doing my research I feel ready to give this a try.  I'm hoping that the fact that I can eat some of the challenge foods that most diets avoid will help me stick to it. (cheese)  I'm excited and looking forward to seeing what the scale says in 2 weeks.  I need this change in my lifestyle.  I'm 47 and the weight has got to go!  

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi mrsT16 - I was also nervous about keto having always been a low fat diet advocate. But that was no longer working for me. I started Keto in March - lost more than my goal and gave maintained it since. I even cheat a tiny bit now with corn chips, etc.., but only in moderation! It will work for you and this app will help

Like 1
    • Jaqi
    • Jaqi
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello MrsT16 !   Welcome and congratulations on starting a really GREAT diet.  I used to use it a lot (on and off) when I was younger and it would immediately help me shed the pounds to get into that special dress, or when summer was coming up, etc.   It WORKS.  Now, after years of not having done it, I have started it again a few weeks ago and can already tell (although I do not have a scale) by daily pictures I take of myself (my face mostly) that it is again working.  Stick with it, and if you get stuck or are wavering, drop a line here.  (I am fairly new too, but everyone seems really nice). 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 22Views
  • 2 Following