Low carb high fat 12:25:63 ratio

I just finished 3 days on keto ratio to jump start getting back on track after a year and lost 4  lbs in these 3days. Now I'm increasing my macros to a LCHF diet. I'm 63 years old, 5' 5" and weigh 166.  My goal is 145. I want to lose at least 1.5 lbs a week. When I put these figures in the macros calculator it says I can only eat 818 calories a day which is very hard to do. I want to lose weight quicker than 1 lb a week (1068 calories) or else it will be 5 months before I hit goal. My question is: can I try to eat extremely low calories 1 day (818) and the higher calorie ratio for 2days? Or will that out me out of ketosis?

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • EKR1959
    • EKR1959
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lori11530  Hi Lori11530.  Just my opinion, but what if you tried following the 1100-calorie plan for a week or two and see if you continue to actually drop at least 2 pounds a week.  800 calories sounds unnecessarily low as a starting point.  Or at least that is probably how I would go about it, and then I may adjust if I was not having any success.  Best wishes.

• lori11530
    • lori11530
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

hi EKR1959. 800 calories were way too low.  I increased my calories to 1068-per day and seem to still be losing. And it's much easier to manage without starving. Thanks for your input.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 135Views
  • 2 Following