Calories

Hi I joined a week ago and have lost 4.25 lbs which I am very happy with although I am aware it will be mostly water weight. My calories have now reset and dropped by 100 calories  to 1191 which I think are too low - I am a 54. female office job from home sedentary.  In my first week i went over calories several days  and concentrated on meeting the carbs and get close within 10 %  to fats and protein % s. 

I gained yesterday 1lb , and I am now according to urine strips between 4 and 8 which looking at the internet suggests I may be  not eating enough , I am now concerned that if I drop more calories I wont lose any weight this coming week and am desperate to continue as I have a months holiday in a months  time to Asia and need to lose this excess weight. 

I have been trying to lose weight since Christmas on slimming world so I would lose the excess weight but it wasnt working for me hence seeing the success stories I decided to do keto ( which I had tried it sooner. ). 

My goal is to lose hopefully 10lbs before I go inc the 4 lbs i have lost but I am concerned I wont lose if calories are low and my body goes into starvation mode 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome Karen.  Try keeping calories at a minimum of 1200.  You mentioned concentrating on meeting carbs.  Carbs are considered a maximum so you can stay well under. Incorporating physical activity will help increase your calorie deficit.  Many also start intermittent fasting after adjusting to burning fat.  

• Go into settings and reduce the number of pounds you want to lose in a month, i.e. if you selected 5 lbs a month your calories will be super low.  I like to keep mine at 2 lbs a month. If I don't eat all my calories fine and if I do I Usually don't go over. 

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina Gina thank you Gina that's what I am going to do re the calories

Not sure I want to do intermittent fasting so fingers crossed I will lose without 

• karen
    • karen.55
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

debra06201374ad  thank you I have just done that and it is now set at 1250 and feel far happier with it as dont want my body to go into starvation mode.  

• Showthyme
    • Showthyme
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

1200 calories is an average. Besides activity, age is a factor. For me, I gain weight whenever I eat over 1100 calories regardless of which diet I am using. I use various Macro calculators and they all recommend 1050 range. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 90Views
  • 4 Following