HELP!! I’m 55, get 10k+ steps in per day, have met my net carbs, <20g total carbs/day, 100 oz H20/day starting 14 days ago. I GAINED 4 lbs!

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • What are your protein and  fat grams and are you getting all of them? Also what are your calories?

• I just ran my Report 10/30-11/13:

Total Average Calories:  1,434

Net Average Calories: 633.8

Total Average Carbs: 25.4

Total Average Net Carbs: 12.8

Protein (average): 53.3g

Fat (average): 90.5g

I’m happy to forward my report of that helps! 
    Thank you so much for your assistance!

Regards,

Lisa

• J
    • fuchsia_bee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey there. 

A couple of things. Are you getting all your protein in? That looks a little low. I would try to get that a bit higher if you can.

Also, I’ve seen advice that where the fat is concerned, you want to use the prescribed number of grams as a “limit” and not a “goal”. As long as your eating enough of it to be satiated, it’s enough. Your body will turn to your body for any further fat that it needs. 

Just my thoughts. :)

Like 1
  • Lisa Perdue 

Hi, when you add up your average on each macro your actually getting about 1129 calories.   You seem very active, maybe add some calories and increase protein.   Just keep going and dint rely just on the scale, take measurements.

• eb9ad333-9ace-4edc-24b5-8782bd954440 Thank you for your reply! I did up my protein and hit just below or near my fat. I also bought a new scale which measures everything (RENPHO) which seems to be much more accurate than my old scale. I’m still in ketosis and have been since about day 3-4.  I’m going to follow your advice and see what the scale reads at the end of the week! Thanks again. 

• J Thank you for your reply! I have purchased a new scale (RENPHO) that measures everything.  I’m going to up my protein (started drinking whey shakes for breakfast to ensure my protein level is reached).  I’ll measure again at the end of the week and let you know how it goes! 

• J
    • fuchsia_bee
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Cool! You’ve got this. :)

• Nicole
    • Nicole.40
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

How does your clothes feel?

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active