Veggie carbs

I’ve been hanging under the 20 g of carbs a day until I add in the green veggies. Dr Berg suggests 5 cups of salad and or green veggies a day which puts me over that carb target. My keto reading is still at 15 so should a guy discount the carbs in veggies? 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

So what besides veggies are you using your carb allowance for? 

• Cheese, some berries, uncured sausage has some carbs, nuts macadamia and almonds, asparagus which is a green veg

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

c_meuer5d04 it’s not that you can’t have any or all of those you’ve listed but I see most of them as items I would eat after my meals if I was still hungry.  Veg carbs are definitely minus the fibre so count them as net. If you fill up on net carb veggies you will be pretty full. Some people don’t count any veg carbs but all veg have some natural sugars so it’s your call. Research..... personal choice 🌸  

Like 1
  • This app calculates the net carbs of veggies is my understanding.

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

c_meuer5d04 it does but I was counting total carbs which you can easily do. I gave that up on counting veg as green leafy veg is vital. I eat it until satisfied,  not worrying about it as I get full before exceeding 20g net carbs of it anyway. I’ve only 14lbs still to lose so more relaxed now.... listen to your body it’s been a totally new phenomenon for me.

Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 239Views
  • 2 Following