Balancing

I'm having a hard time balancing protein and fat . Any ideas on how to balance so I get enough fat without going over in protein?

Thank you,

Kathy

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hey kathy. It is actually more simple than you think just keep those macros in check count every single thing you that you eat and you'll be okay as far as the balancing of protein and fat I would I would suggest eating more healthy fats like avocado which are full of fat and some protein maybe some MCT oil which is full of just fat and that's actually what makes you go into ketosis easier  for example in the morning for me I eat 4 eggs bacon 2 slices of bacon with the bacon fat plus a tablespoon of butter some Chief about 1/4 of a cup with two low-carb tortillas by mama Lupe and a coffee with half and half with no carbs just fat little bit of Splenda or not to your preference and about 1 2 or 3 tablespoons of MCT oil depending on your tolerance the protein is the hardest part to keep check because you are hungry and when you go into keto you the first thing you want to eat is meat or chicken or fish which is full of protein so keep those in check everything else is pretty easy as far as fat and carbs

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

How many carbs (less than 20g for Keto) you eat is the main thing you should concern yourself about for the first 2-3 weeks living Keto. Enjoy your food, add lots of fats and ensure you get your electrolytes ~ suddenly hunger goes (times can vary person to person), this is when you become fat adapted, now you can address the amount of protein you eat, getting the fat is easy, olive oil dressing, avocado, cooking in coconut oil or butter, heavy cream, introduce a good MTC oil to your coffee etc. Then up the green leafy vegetables and before you know it, you will be even intermittently fasting. See the self education threads under low carb chat.  Hope this helps.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 171Views
  • 3 Following