PLEASE HELP!!!!

What am I doing wrong?  I’ve been on Keto now for approximately 3 weeks.  I’m 52,  5’6, 155 lbs.  I only want to lose between 5 - 10 lbs as at 145 I’m really skinny.  I’ve been following the diet to the letter....between  19 and 22g carbs, 1100 calories.  I am showing well in the moderate range for Ketosis on the Keto sticks BUT....I haven’t lost ANY weight.  I’m just staying the same😢

Any time I’ve tried this before, I’ve lost the weight very quickly and NOT followed it as carefully.  This time....NOTHING!  I don’t get it.  What am I doing wrong?  Losing hope quickly😭

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • 1100 calories seems kind of low.  How much protein and fat are you eating?

• BK1415
    • BK1415
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cheryllpaull1192 

84g fat, 66 protein 

• BK1415 

There's a great Keto group on Facebook called Ketogenic Success that I've been following, and they have a formula for figuring out macros for maximum benefit.  There's a minimum number of calories that you should be meeting, and yours seems very low.  When you figure out your protein, you basically double that for fat.  So if you're eating 66g of protein, you should probably be eating  up to 132g of fat.  And from what I understand, not eating enough fat and eating under your minimum calories can definitely stall your weight loss.

Here's the link for the FB group if you're interested:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/ketogenicsuccess/

You can request to join.  I highly recommend it.

Like 3
    • BK1415
    • BK1415
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cheryllpaull1192 

Thanks Cheryl.  The numbers here are the ones the app generated for me?  I will check the link and see if they come up the same on there.  Sooo frustrating😔

• BK1415 

Yeah, I wouldn't really trust the numbers from the app.  I love the app for tracking, but not for figuring out macros.  Good luck!

Like 1
  • I agree with cheryllpaull1192, your protein macros seem high. I would recalculate with a few online calculators. If one is off, you'll realize it when the other two are more in sync. Remember, on the Keto Diet you should be consuming 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs (ish). Right now you are at 38% protein. 

I think this is where your stall is happening. Keep your carbs the same, and substitute the protein for fat. Also, be careful of starting with such a high deficit. 1200 calories is the minimum recommended intake for women, even when dieting. 

Good luck!

Like 1
  • BK1415 I think the app defaults to 70-25-5 %.  I changed it to 75-20-5 as I've seen recommended.  It's working.  I'm similar age and height as you but much heavier... 200ish.  Excess protein can be your problem.  Try changing the ratios. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 277Views
  • 5 Following