Weight Gain...ughhh

Has anyone else gained weight?  I am three weeks in - week #1 lost 4.6, week #2 lost .5, week 3# gained 2.5...so discouraging!  I am trying to stay under 20 g of carbs, having a hard time getting in all my fat.  I am considering buying a keto supplement, but after hours of research this morning, I am more confused than ever.  Does anyone have a suggestion on a supplement with BHB and the other nutrients (like Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium)?  The one that seems to keep popping up is Perfect Keto, but not sure if that is more about the paid reviewers.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • dwhite262
    • dwhite262
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This can be very frustrating. I have been on this for 1 month and have only lost 5.5 pounds. I have trouble staying in ketosis. I figure it has to do with my blood sugar as I am a type 2 diabetic. The good thing is I only take one pill now when I was taking 3 pills a day plus a shot of Victoza at night. I just started taking MCT oil so am waiting to see if there is a difference. 

• Shaena88
    • Shaena88
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Me too. I’ve been on it for two weeks. I lost 3 lbs the first week and then it went back up. Now it’s just stalling. I’m getting in all of my fats without any issues and my carbs only come from vegetables mostly.

From what I’ve read it can take a few weeks for peoples bodies to adjust to the Keto diet so maybe the fluctuating pounds is normal. I just hope I start losing more weight soon. I’m getting impatient.

Like 1
    • PharmDmom
    • PharmDmom
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi! I'm rarely posting here, but wanted to let you know that I had the same occur. I lost 5-7 pounds the first 2 weeks... Win! Then weeks 3 & 4 I gradually gained back 4 pounds. I was frustrated, but had read ahead of time about the "whoosh effect." I was ready to give up, but I DID feel a difference in clothing, so I've stuck with it.  So glad I am! Week 5 here and I lost 2.3 pounds again.  Total in 7 weeks is 7.8 pounds. Slow, yes. Lifelong- absolutely.  Have faith, trust the process, and stick to it. We can do this! 

Like 3
    • PharmDmom
    • PharmDmom
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

dwhite262 

Congratulations! That's huge! 

• 3kidsomy
    • 3kidsomy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The only supplements you need are potassium and magnesium and sodium. Do not waste your money on "keto" supplements, they are a waste of money and the companies are just preying on people that don't know any better. I use NoSalt, Zipfizz or Dr. Bergs for potassium and i take chelated magnesium, and  pink salt. Weight fluctuation is completely normal, you might not have enough sodium, too much sodium or not enough water. Don't get discouraged!!! Keto is not a miracle, you still have to put in the work. 

• You need to examine your diet more closely.  Make sure you are tracking everything and being honest.  At every meal make sure you are eating more fat than carbs and protein.  It will help if most of your carbs come from vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Keep your stress levels down.  As the other posters have said, your weight will fluctuate. 

• LuAnn
    • LuAnn.2
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Don’t get discouraged Doreen! As women our hormones can regulate (or play havoc with!) our daily weights. If you’re over 40 that plays too.  I too have come to terms with this and what helps me accept it is that I FEEL much better and my clothes are not snagging anymore. I lost 7.5 in over four weeks ... you may want to lower your carb intake - I just finally put the % in so went from 20 to 12 - but honestly  first learn to not put so much stock  in the scale...your body will tell the real story!  PS don’t waste your $ on advertised supplements. 

Like 1
  • Thought this video may help.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8iF9NpNBo

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 153Views
  • 7 Following