Budget Keto - any interest?

I've searched the forums, and budget has been mentioned a lot, but the advice has usually been links or short thoughts on what to eat.  Is anyone else interested in starting a real thread on actual budget friendly meal plans and prep, that maybe doesn't include 600 different ingredients, shrimp, salmon and steak - since those are expensive in my area?  I feed 9 people on my budget and 8 aren't keto.  I need a real meal plan that can be incorporated into the monthly budget for the whole fam damily.  Buying additional oils, seeds, and flours is not going to happen.  One last whine, I work in an office, reheating is ok for lunch, not actual cooking or prep.

There are some good YouTube videos to watch, it would just be nice to put the ideas into writing that we could copy for our use.  I haven't found an easy way to download the budget plan or shopping list here into an easily modifiable program, like Excel or Word.

If this already exists here - could someone point me to it?  I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you!

2replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Karbndall
    • Start-7/2019, hit goal-9/2019
    • Karbndall
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

lol, 600 ingredients!  Yes, I like simple too.  I actually think my chaffles are getting too complicated.  Fortunately, I make a weeks worth at a time, so I endure it.  I started with meals being a can of tuna fish and spinach for simplicity, but they're getting a little better lately.

• Tegan
    • Tegan
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I agree that some recipes have far too many, obscure ingredients, but I can often find simpler ones online.  There is no reason that other family member can't eat keto friendly foods, rather than making 2 separate meals.  For example, a roast chicken with vegetables.  You just need to skip eating the potatoes/parsnips, but could still cook these for the rest of the family.  When the meat is eaten, I boil the chicken carcuss and make it into soup. You can add cream to your serving to increase the fat intake.

Tinned salmon/tuna with cauliflower mash make tasty fish cakes which can be frozen, and again, everyone can eat.  I generally use frozen cauliflower too as its cheaper.

I've recently discovered a keto KFC like coating for chicken which is just delicious.  I use thighs or drumsticks, shake in the bag of coating and bake.  There are several herbs needed for the coating, but I make up a triple batch and store the excess for next time.  I bake the chicken, but it can be fried and kids love it. 

Mince meat can also be inexpensive and versatile.  I make a large batch of keto friendly bolognese/ragu sauce and freeze half.  You could serve it over pasta for the others, or zucchini/courgette zoodles to make it keto friendly. 

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 2Replies
  • 66Views
  • 4 Following