Starting to Track Macros

Hi Everyone, I'm an NSNG'er and for the most part eat Primal, but I haven't been always "faithful" and thought it would be a good idea to start tracking Macros.  I have about 40-50 pounds to lose, and would like to keep diabetes completely away.  I am in my late fifties, do Orange Theory Fitness once or twice a week, and work in a somewhat stressful environment.  My husband is very supportive, as are my kids.  This is all me, so I'm hoping this App and this community will help me succeed.  I'm also a non-drinker, i.e. sober, and that has it challenges too.

I love to cook, and I love to eat!  

Thanks everyone for the future support.

Laura

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Joyful
    • Joyful
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Good luck! Is NSNG no sugar no gluten?

Like 1
  • NSNG is no sugar, no grains.  Look up Vinnie Tortorich for more info.

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi 👋 welcome, I guess being true to Keto, I am non sugar in any form including all artificial and all alcohol plus no grains although I do eat ground almonds ~ not almond flour though, to make 90 se one Keto bread for a treat once or sometimes twice a week. 3 months in 26.8lbs down 🙌 it’s pretty great really this WOE. Enjoy your journey. 🌷

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna ! I need to know the difference between ground almonds and almond flour! I seem to not be able to digest almond flour or it makes me feel extremely bloated and yuck! I can eat almonds with no issues however. 

Like 1
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn ground almonds are used to make almond paste (or marzipan) when icing cakes so might be around a bit more at the moment. Flours make me feel crud too and bloat... don’t go there!

• Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Joanna I am having a textural issue with almond meal- if that's what your referring to. If I make something - it has to be finely powdered or the palate says "nope". So why would almond flour make me feel poorly? 

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

badmojomn  no matter what you grind, ( within reason 😂) do it finely enough, it makes it a flour it seems? The rush to the digestion must therefore  be much quicker..... I am blind & trying to figure out my body through as few trials & errors as possible.

Ground Almonds vs. Almond Meal

Ground almonds are exactly what they sound like -- almonds that have been ground up. Ground almonds may or may not contain almond skins. Almond meal is the solid that remains after the commercial extraction of almond oil from the ground nuts, so almond meal contains less oil than ground almonds do. Almond meal, also, contains almond skins, which gives it a course texture.

i can see I might have to post you some to try 😀

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 146Views
  • 4 Following