Wavering.. and need motivation please

I am 3 weeks in, but still plagued with headaches, slight nausea and have hardly lost any weight. I’ve used the sticks and have definitely been mostly in ketosis. I’m wavering as this doesn’t feel healthy. 

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Are you taking potassium, magnesium, and salt?  That is usually what the body needs when these symptoms occur.

• MightyWhity 

thanks for replying. Magnesium, had just started potassium, possibly not enough sodium though. I ate a load of carbs last night and although felt better, now feel a failure and will have the struggle of getting into ketosis again. Your small profile pic suggests you’ve managed too loose weight; how soon did it start happening for you?

• lorr00aine679c 

This will be my wife and my 5th week on keto we dropped 10lbs in the first two weeks (water weight) with no exercise. Week 3was slowing progress so I incorporated exercise my 4th week. I am currently down 17lbs she is down 15lbs with no exercise. I have had moderate dizziness and headaches before in the first couple of weeks but it was fixed almost immediately with a a lot of water sodium magnesium and potassium. I follow a guy on you tube called Goody Beats. He may be hard to watch for some but he is incredibly knowlageable and inspirational when it comes to ketogenic things. You must drink a lot of water on this diet. Bulletproof coffee in the morning is a must for me, it keeps my fats super high and carbs low for my first meal and it seems like the caffeine is on a slow drip all morning. Highly recommend. Good luck let me know if I can help. 

Like 1
  • MightyWhity 

Thanks. Not sure why it hasn’t worked for me. I’ve completely given up this weekend but will try again next week. Well done to you twos anyway.  Success stories are the best motivation. 

• Nita
    • Nita
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello!  Try one cube of bouillon today and make a rich, salty broth to drink.  Try adding sea salt to your beverages.  👍

Like 1
  • MightyWhity  yep you're right on. 

• Look up keto flu Dr. Berg YouTube. 

• When you have these symptoms it is  a result of your body switching from burning sugar for energy to burning  fat for energy.  I started to drink ACV with lemon juice . I added Stevia to make it taste better.  

• Also 4 ounces of lemon  juice ,1/4 teaspoon of cream of tartar and 1/4 teaspoon of pink salt add a little water and drink it.  Potassium and salt to replace lost electrolytes.

• Electrolyte packets that you  can find  at your  local drug store helped me. 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 223Views
  • 5 Following