• Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Me too. I chalk it up to low blood sugar. Or possibly low blood pressure. I'm occasionally prone to both. I figured the diet is pushing me in that direction. Other than occasionally having to grab a dog for balance (I have a Great Dane and an Irish Wolfhound so they're both big enough for grabbing), it doesn't seem to do me any harm so I don't worry too much about it.

• I do too and don’t why.  Wish someone would give some answers on this. It’s scaring me.

• You need to make sure you are supplementing your electrolytes, sodium, potassium, and magnesium . Look up how to make ketoade and sip throughout the day.

Like 1
    • dshean87
    • Makeup junkie and cubicle supervisor
    • dshean87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

When I'm feeling that way I usually haven't been drinking enough water or getting enough electrolytes in. I keep a few powerade zero's on hand when I start feeling like that. I also try to remember to take a daily magnesium supplement too. 

• meniece
    • meniece.1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I started feeling light headed and added a B-12 Supplement to  my day... No longer have any problem!

• dshean87 I do drink electrolytes and take magnesium and I feel better but occasionally still get light headed.  My question is why do I have to take electrolytes and magnesium if I’m eating healthy.  When I ate what I wanted, i wasn’t getting light headed or had to take electrolytes.  Doesn’t make sense to me.

• dshean87
    • Makeup junkie and cubicle supervisor
    • dshean87
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Beachlover When you are restricting carbs your body processes electrolytes in a different way. The kidneys tend to excrete more sodium so that's why it's important to make sure you're upping them if you feel you need to. I don't always take supplements and I usually feel great. So when I do feel lightheaded I up my sodium and grab a powerade zero. 

Like 1
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Beachlover I believe my electrolyte problem is tied to the fact that I was probably eating two pounds of vegetables everyday before Keto. Now I'm down to maybe 8 oz of day of vegetables.  Plus the fruits and veggies that I used to eat were higher in potassium, potatoes, bananas, oranges.I eat avocados and spinach but they just don't have enough potassium to make up the difference. At least that's my best guess.

Like 1
    • KC
    • seashell_station
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

salt

• I am only 2 days in but I would get light headed after eating a lot of cake i.e. sugar.  Now I wonder if t is from the body still craving sugar and adjusting to the new way of eating.  (This is not my first rodeo LOL)  Looking forward to updates from everyone :).

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 174Views
  • 8 Following