Day 85 Advice needed.

Hi all!

I stay between 4-17 net carbs per day. Under fat macro,  come close to/meet/over Protein Macro but when I do the Keto breath test, I am barely in Ketosis most of the time (0.6)?

I checked my sugar’s and they are barely a trace so I’m not sure why I’m not getting a better reading...or seeing results ?

i do daily IF between 16 and 18 hours also.

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Once you're in ketosis, your body is burning ketones for fuel. You are not eliminating them in your breath or bodily fluids. At least that's my understanding of how it works, I don't use any of those Ketone test. I just go by how I feel.

Like 1
    • NCButler
    • NCButler
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake ,

Thank you! I do it purely for validation as I’m not seeing results.

i’ll look Into the meter more for a better understanding.

• Moondrake I am not going to buy strips and meters either. It is nice to have someone with success validate it.

• goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Once the test shows ketones, you don't need to do more so long as you are following the diet.

High or low ketones doesn't matter much--any ketones and you are fat burning.  If you're testing urine, more liquid intake = more diluted urine = lower test results, lower liquid intake = more concentrated urine =higher ketone numbers.  

Try meeting your fats and not going over on protein--enough fats and not overdoing protein were the key for me to start losing.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 98Views
  • 4 Following