Had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for supper.

Week #2

Finished week 1 disastrously. Had carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for supper. It was my SIL bd and I couldn't resist. Is this going to through me way off as far as my body trying to convert to ketosis?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Lisammmk
    • Lisammmk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You have to be extrememly careful the first few weeks of keto, it’s crucial to stay on track. You may have set yourself back as your body is not fat adapted yet. My suggestion would be to try to fast for a minimum of 14 hours, this may help to deplete some of the carbs that you consumed. There are so many alternatives to the carb loaded desserts, each week I try something new and I have had zero cravings. Also check out ketobars.com , these are my guilty pleasure and my “to go” snacks so I never have to give into temptation.

Like 1
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Being week 1, it very well might kick you out of ketosis, but don't worry too much.

Generally when I have a cheat meal or eat something I shouldn't, I will try to do a 24 hour fast the following day to ensure that my body burns all the carbs that I just ate.

I'm 4 months in and am down 47.2 lbs as of this morning. I just came back from a mini vacation in which I had pasta as a dinner one evening. Today, is a 24 hour fast to try and kick out the carbs lol.

Like 1
    • Tiliwinks
    • Tiliwinks
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Well it's day 2 of week 2 and had great days! Motivated to keep going! Thanks for the tips. I'm not one to fast so if it starts the process back, so be it. I feel great. No headaches or muscle weakness like last week. Taking electrolytes in my morning shake instead of anytime during tge day and I think it helps.

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 117Views
  • 2 Following