Fried cheese

Hi! I was wondering if cooking cheese on the stove top (with nothing in the pan) changes the amount of carbs? I have cheese curds and fry them plain in a skillet to give them an outer crisp. But no oil is used or flour coating. Are they still low carb or does the heat change the carbs? Thanks.

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Pat F
    • Pat_F
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don’t believe it does.  I have a recipe for a cheese taco shell that’s just cheese and it looks the same as a comparable amount of uncooked cheese.

hope this helps

• Supermom
    • Supermom.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

No change, that should be fine just follow the package labelling.  Sounds tasty I might try that

• Supermom
    • Supermom.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Pat F I take that back.  I just googled cheese curds nutrition information.  There are 8g carbs in just 2 ounces of those which is a lot for one item of your day.  I'd say avoid this food.  Personally, I stick to bell peppers and salads and broccoli and cauliflower etc which give me a lot more food to eat for the 8 carbs they will contain.  All your carbs should come from your veggies except for what's in your coffee cream and berries.  All this is assuming you're still in weight loss mode and not maintenance.  If you're having 50g of carbs a day, probably fine, but I'm on less than 15g a day now.  Hope that helps. 

Like 1
    • Elizabeth
    • Elizabeth.18
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Supermom Hey Supermom! Not true, you may have looked at the fried battered yummy version of cheese curds.  The curds I used were from Face Rock, cheddar, and had 0 carbs. As long as heat doesn't make carbs go up I'm all good 🤞😋

Like 1
    • Pat F
    • Pat_F
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Supermom cheese quesadilla: 3/4 cup shredded cheese; two total carbs.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 85Views
  • 3 Following