New Beginnings

I am a 58 year old male, just getting started on this journey.  My time is consumed with plotting and planning meals and then trying them out.  I know it will get easier as I go along but for now its a blur... so much to learn and relearn.  I look forward to getting to know some of you and enjoying our keto adventure together.  

cheers

Jon

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Cyndi B
    • Cyndi_B
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am a 58 year old female and also new to this. I thought I was going to have difficulty giving up my beloved whole grains and fruit but barely miss them! Becoming fat adapted was actually easy for me because i’ve  eaten things like chicken skin and pork rinds forever  but always with a sense of  guilt. Not anymore!! There  definitely does seems to be a lot of expense  involved in purchasing special foods but I am  confident that it will all work out with some patience and perseverance.

Good luck!!

Cyndi

Like 1
    • Jppm
    • Jppm
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi you two!  Me too, all of the above (except only female 🙂)  It's definitely hard for me to plan meals on a budget and not spend hours and hours rethinking them.  I didn't miss sweets for two weeks, and then bam.  I had to go buy keto friendly ingredients to make sweets without caving to the craving.  I think once the pantry is stocked, it will get easier.   Variety is costly, but for me it's the key.  Right now I'm cussing out the avocados as I spear them with my fork . . . 

Maybe we can help each other out on here with discoveries or tips.  58 yr olds unite!

Like 2
    • Cyndi B
    • Cyndi_B
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jppm 

• Cyndi B
    • Cyndi_B
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    • Cyndi B
    • Cyndi_B
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Jppm 

Hello! I’m finding the forum a bit challenging to navigate. I thought I was replying to you but it posted nothing. =:(

i’ve found just eating pretty much regular food is working for me, I just took out all the stuff on the “do not eat” list out of my diet.I did purchase a handful of pantry items to replace some stuff I removed from my diet plus I found some ready made Keto snacks. Pork rinds and salted, peanut free mixed nuts for salty cravings and Keto choc snaps and Love Good Fats bars for sweet cravings are all good options. I keep something in my purse when I go out in case I end up having no good Keto friendly choices.

Like 1
    • Ania
    • Ania.2
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello, I am 40 years old, my name is Ania I am new to keto. Just started today and looking for inspirations and ideas 

Like 1
    • Gina
    • Gina.25
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am new to this too and I completely understand what you are facing. I am facing the same challenge, but I found if I make a menu based on the ingredients in Keto that I like it is a bit easier. Once I have 4 weeks of menu then I can just rotate them and casually increase the weeks of menus to 8 weeks. I also experimented with the Keto meals before going completely Keto. Good luck on your journey!

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 56Views
  • 5 Following