Bulletproof Coffee

Hey Everyone please help! So I’ve started drinking bulletproof coffee and it has really increased my fat percentage and I’m freakin out cause I’m not sure If I’m over doing it. Today my macros were  2%84%14% should we never go over 75% I’m a little confused 🤷♀️ Thank you!

18replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

smiranda790d0  On ketogenic more fat the better especially just starting out. If you feel like poo, kick back the fat a day or two in the coffee and see how you feel. Once fat adapted, unless I have a meltdown, I kicked all ccno out of may coffee. If you feel good, do it. 

Like 3
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

smiranda790d0 and to add, stay calm. It’s a tweaking process, and you have to listen to your body, and how you feel. If you feel so micromanaged by fats and proteins, tweak it a little. Main thing is the carb tracking. 

Like 2
  • I am learning it’s a tweaking process after the panic moment I realized it was a good thing I caught it so I will be more cautious. I was feeling kinda sick from the 2nd bulletproof coffee so for now I’ll just do one. I just noticed this morning Stevia has carbs do you know of a better sweetener that has no carbs? I know Keto works and I love the concept this week is my 4th week so I’m determined to stick to it! Thank you for all your help!!! 

• I use heavy cream in my coffee and it seems to work. 

Like 3
  • I found bulletproof coffe hard to drink so I'm doing full fat cream but today I added a teaspoon of butter and it was good so I'll try increasing the butter slowly.

Like 3
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

smiranda790d0 I found coconut oil in my coffee made me feel kind of icky. If you can avoid all sweetners that’s best. A flavored coffee with some heavy cream seems to work for a lot of people trying to get away from the sweetners. Could try some good tea for caffeine and warmth also. 

Like 3
  • I've gotten my hands on some EMULSIFIED MCT oil.  MCT oil is EXCELLENT at getting me back into ketosis if i've cheated a bit (like over the holidays).  It took me less than 24 hrs this time!  Most of us find that the longer we eat this way, the easier it is to get back into ketosis after we've fallen off.  That is, as long as we don't go off the wagon for weeks or months.  It is absolutely a staple for me. 

Anyhow - this emulsified MCT oil is great because it mixes SO well.  No oil slick on top, and it doesn't replace my cream the way MCT powder does.  

Long story short - search amazon for "new!! Emulsified MCT Oil".  You'll find a 16 oz bottle of unflavored, vanilla, etc for about $25.  One bottle lasts me a couple months. 

Like 5
  • I love putting cinnamon and nutmeg into my coffee to give it some flavor without the sugar... 

Like 3
    • Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

CDFlanagan6 nutmeg really appeals I will try that 👍🏻

Like 1
  • Come on its own will raise your insulin level hence adding to your fat

• Coffe on its own will raise your insulin level hence adding to your fat

Like 1
    • Badmojomn
    • badmojomn
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

niiittyd237 I didn’t know coffee alone raised insulin levels. Interesting. How does it raise insulin levels?

Like 3
  • tonyshurter 

• smiranda790d0 

thats great to know Thanks!

• linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You need to bring up your protein a little to stay healthy.

• smiranda790d0 

• tonyshurter I have been using the MCT Oil powder and didn't think it worked as well so I will have to give this one a try!  Thank you!

• tonyshurter 

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 18Replies
  • 1168Views
  • 14 Following