Energy and mood on keto

I've been doing this for about a month now and I'm just about ready to start lifting again after recovering from surgery. 

I have never had problems sleeping but this past month it's been increasingly difficult falling asleep sometimes simply because I'm not sleepy or tired!! I also come home every day from work in such a great mood and I don't know if this is a keto thing or what. 

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Jetgo1000  it's pretty common to have more energy on keto because you aren't subjecting your body to the insulin/glucose highs and lows.  For the sleep thing, try Ashwagandha supplement before bed.  It's a natural relaxer and also works to lower cortisol which, depending on your age, can be a factor in belly fat.  Keep up the good work.

Like 1
  • I am 53 years young 161 pounds with hypothyroidism and menopause. I started Keto 10 days ago and lost 6 pounds so far. The BEST part is that I have lots of energy! I can’t remember when I felt like this the last time! It’s amazing. I actually sleep better than before maybe because I take magnesium supplement to solve problems with constipation.I also work Full Time and usually I got home to hug my coach before doing anything else, but not anymore! 

Like 1
  • I'm 57 (a young 57 ;-) ).  I started menopause at 45.  Since then my mood has been horrible. Developed anxieties, slight depression just an overall downer.  April of this year I stopped all carbs and sugar.   In June I discovered Keto and started to adjust my diet.  Still learning.  My mood has turned around 360.  I haven't felt this good in years! 

Like 3
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 150Views
  • 4 Following