New, How to change Net Carbs

Hi - JQ from Manchester,UK.  Need to drop 4 stone/ 56lbs!!!  Is it 20g of Net Carbs for Keto?? My CM App shows 12g of net carbs.  How do i change that to 20g of net carbs?? 

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • LadyDKT
    • LadyDKT
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi from near Calgary Alberta Canada!

go into Settings/Macros and set your percentages of your macros.  I’m set @ 5% carbs/25% protein/70% fats.  Works out to about 23g net carbs for me.  

• ShortGuy
    • Just a normal dude
    • ShortGuy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Go to Settings then Macros. That’s where you make adjustments. Not sure how you’re set up on Macs, calories, weight, calorie settings & activity level. I’ve only recalculated so far to adjust for weight. I haven’t played with manually adjusting the macros so take care in making manual adjustments. Don’t know if macro ratios are maintained performing manual adjustments.

• Thank you! Updates made and i can now have a cup of spinach! 😳

Like 1
    • ShortGuy
    • Just a normal dude
    • ShortGuy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Janet Quinlan I’m new to this. Tomorrow makes a week. No expert by any means. I don’t know your goals, settings, etc. I will say I’m a short guy trying to drop at least 43 lbs. I’m allotted 19 net carbs on 15xx calories. It goes quick. My main meal for the day is dinner so I plan my day around it. My meal plan today:

Coffee with heavy cream for breakfast. A 2 ounce pack of salted peanuts for lunch. Another coffee with heavy cream & butter as well as a pepperoni beef stick when I get home. A seasoned grilled pork chop finished with butter & Monterey Jack cheese as well as green beans for dinner. 

• Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ShortGuy Peanuts are legumes and not recommended on keto.  The best keto nuts are walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts and Brazil nuts. However if you need a convenience pack, you can go with almonds. Cashews and pistachios have too much sugar.  Annoying, I know. I had two 1 pound cans of cashews and three 1 pound bags of pistachios when I started this.  Your dinner sounds fantastic.

• ShortGuy
    • Just a normal dude
    • ShortGuy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake I’ve heard peanuts aren’t the best choice. Still learning & staggering about, if you will. Lol. The peanuts & pepperoni are more for convenience. My ratios will be good though as well as being under net carb limit and meet calories. I appreciate your advice & info. 👍

• ShortGuy
    • Just a normal dude
    • ShortGuy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake Pecans. I can certainly do pecans. Love them. 

Like 1
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

ShortGuy So I just went and read some information on peanuts, and it seems like the jury is split on whether or not they are okay on keto. It does appear that they may be somewhat better for men on keto than women. so do your research and see how your body responds to them. If you like them maybe they will be okay for you on keto. I definitely understand about the convenience foods.  When I first started I consumed a lot of those. Much more so than before the keto diet, honestly, it took me a while to get a handle on how to cook for Keto.  Over the course of the last seven and a half months, I've moved away from those and generally only have convenience foods at social gatherings.

• ShortGuy
    • Just a normal dude
    • ShortGuy
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Moondrake Yeah I’m still trying to get on the planning part sufficiently. I’m trying to get in the habit of planning my lunch reliably. Baby steps. 😁 The hard part is my wife is on it too. Between our work schedules including her schooling/clinicals it gets complicated. 

Like 1
Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 683Views
  • 4 Following