Hiya

Hello! Been a vegetarian for a decade, and been doing keto for just about a month now. Down 18 lbs! I did Atkins years ago when I still ate meat, and only realized recently that keto was an option for me.  Anyway. Posting this to hopefully get some support pals on here 🤞

6replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Sarah.  Welcome.  Congratulations on your progress 🎈.  You are doing great!

Like 1
    • Trina
    • Trina.6
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello Sarah, I too am a vegetarian. Rose Elliot’s two low carb books have been very helpful. She is an English cookery writer but I imagine you will find it over there on Amazon. I have to confess that after nine weeks I have decided to incorporate a bit of fish onto my diet because it was just getting too monotonous. I don’t know about you, but I really miss being able to use pulses, which have always been the basis of so many recipes. When in doubt add lentils was my philosophy. And I do still use Quorn but only occasionally because there are so many carbs in it! The soya based  convenience foods are better. I don’t know what you like. There is so much to learn!  Good luck and do add me as a friend if you would like.

Like 2
    • Sarah_kbh
    • Sarah_kbh
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Trina Hi Gina! As far as pre-made vegetarian foods go, I absolutely love LightLife veggie dogs, Boca burgers, and I recently bought some faux meat crumbles so I can make some tacos using lettuce as the soft taco/wrap tomorrow. Thanks for the tip about those books - I'm not familiar with that author yet.  I'll definitely take a look!

Like 1
    • Sarah_kbh
    • Sarah_kbh
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Trina Whoops - sorry - typo on your name on that reply. Pretend that says TRina 

• Sarah_kbh
    • Sarah_kbh
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Gina Thanks for the support, Gina ☺️

Like 1
  • Welcome 

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 6Replies