Trouble getting enough fats

I have been trying to keep carbs down so eat a lot of protein but I have trouble getting enough fats in my diet. I eat avocado, sour cream...but need to watch the calories. Any suggestions?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Some days I have the same issue, some days I don't.  Today I didn't eat enough fat for example. I made fat bombs (this one is frozen yogurt and butter with some berries) for days like this, but i don't  really care for them. I gotta find  a recipe that I actually would like to eat in case I need to increase my fat intake. 

I'm a newby. This is my 3 week is. Lost 9.8 lbs so far ( mostly water I think) but I really like eating this way. Easy to maintain and I have lost my sweet cravings already.  

• I highly recommend the book “Fat For Fuel” by Joseph Mercola.  Lots of great suggestions.  My recommendation- be careful you’re not eating too much protein.  That will knock you out of ketosis.  Best foods for fat that I can recommend are avocados, olives, and coconut oil.

Like 2
    • linrenep
    • linrenep
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just bought it. Thanks for the recommendation. It's pretty involved but I am enjoying reading it. Bought his cookbook too.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 299Views
  • 4 Following