same 1 meal each day.

Hi All

I will take time to join the group properly - add profile etc. In the meantime, I have been eating 2 avocados, 3 eggs, and half a chicken breast each day for nearly two weeks.  I also drink about 7 cups of coffee with cream,  is this classed as a sufficient keto diet?

I would appreciate advice.

Thank you

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Diane52
    • Ask yourself "Whats more important, my right NOT to wear a mask, or the life of a loved one or my neighbor?"
    • Diane52
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Welcome SS. I would follow the keto ratio the best suits you. I am like you, I can eat the same meal every day for, I don't know how long. Only thing is I've never tested it and I really want this to work. Eating the same meal every day is likely to become monotonous which will make it even more likely that you will eventually cheat and perhaps even fall completely off the diet. I am a very picky eater and hate cooking. But, if you take the time to check out the ingredients and steps to some of the recipes here, it's going to surprise you on how good and how easy it is to make. Like the keto bread. I premix all dry ingredients for a 6 bun recipe into ziplock sandwich bags. Then when I need to make some I am only 3 ingredients away from putting it in the oven. If you live alone you can pre-measure your raw meat into single meals for yourself and freeze. There plenty of ideas out there that can help. Good luck to you.

• Are you meeting your macros as per Carb Manager?  I find that eating too little is just as bad for me as eating too much.  Also, for me, I have to get  enough fat.  If you are meeting your macros, then it seems fine.

• SS
    • keto_hopeful
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Diane52 

Hi Diane

Thank you for your reply.  I have lots of recipes, however, I find I don't manage well time-wise trying to incorporate them.  I have seen a reduction in my waist and thought I could carry on for another month/six weeks and then introduce a low carb diet with more variation.  I just wanted to know if the avocado, egg, and chicken combination was keto correct, that's the part I struggle with.  Thank you for your suggestions and the best of luck to you too. 

• SS
    • keto_hopeful
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

RACHEL T SAPYTA 

Hi Rachel

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure if I am meeting the required macros, I struggle a bit with the ratios!  I suppose I was hoping the avocado, egg, and chicken combination was keto correct and if so, just carry on keeping it simple for the next 4 to six weeks.  

• SS For me, that food plan would not work and would not help me lose weight.  For me, that's just not nearly enough food, nor enough fat.  Are you using Carb Manager?  It's really such a great tool for getting started.  I started Keto about 8 months ago, and, using CM, I was just shocked at how much fat I needed to eat daily.  It was not easy for the first month.  After being a life-time dieter (always losing and gaining back the same 60 pounds), I was trained to limit fat.  I would get to the end of the day using CM and still need to get in a ton of fat.  I used to make "fat bombs" and eat them.  My fat bombs were 1 ounce of ghee, 1 ounce of almond butter, salt, some turmeric and some liquid stevia.  It was not easy to eat that, but I did it to make sure that I met my macros.  The thing is, that it worked.  Yes, I got Keto flu for a few days, but after that, I started to feel better and I started to drop weight.  I've been doing  Keto, STRICTLY, for 8 months and have lost 34 pounds.  I no longer have to eat fat bombs.  I now know how to incorporate the right amount of fat into my diet throughout the day.  BTW,  I lost the first 20 within the first 3-4 months.  My weight loss always slows once I get below a certain weight, so that's no issue for me.  I've also been able to radically increase my exercise levels and am starting to get my muscles back.  I'm about 1/2 way to my goal. I'm in no hurry. 

Anyway, I still use Carb Manager and I still have to make sure that my focus is to get enough fat in each day.  It is VERY easy for me to eat too much protein.  Chicken, in particular, is a problem for me because it's too lean - even the dark meat.  If  I eat a lot of chicken, I find myself behind on my fat intake. I keep my daily intake of carbs to 15 g or below.   Fat makes your food enjoyable, but, for me, fat makes me feel full.  Keto has utterly stopped the cycle I've had for most of the past 40 years, of always being hungry, never being satisfied and never really feeling full.  It's because of the fat.  It's also made Keto a "lifestyle" rather than a diet.  Diets, to me, mean suffering.  I'm not suffering or miserable on Keto.  I never think to myself, "I can't wait to get to my goal weight so I can eat again".  It's because of the fat.

BTW, there are foods that I eat regularly and my diet doesn't vary much.  It makes shopping, cooking and eating pretty easy.  My mainstays (in no particular order) are:  Eggs, butter, ghee,  UTZ's pork rinds (they are my substitute for all things bread and cracker-y), full fat cheese (after decades of not allowing myself any cheese), macadamia nuts, full fat yogurt, full fat sour cream,  pork chops with the fat (after decades of not eating pork),  beef pot roast (no flour gravy), arugula, Peruvian green sauce, apple cider vinegar (lemons and limes have a lot of carbs), mayo avocados and blackberries.  I use liquid stevia in my herbal tea, and in my full fat yogurt as a treat (4 oz full fat greek yogurt + 1.5 oz macadamia nuts + 1 oz blackberries + liberal pink sea salt + a few drops liquid stevia = a perfect keto snack or meal).  I use absolutely no other sweeteners.  I rarely eat foods outside of this list.  It's just easy to not have to think about it.  I still weigh EVERYTHING.  I convert everything t ounces and track it that way.  I know what an ounce of macadamia nuts looks like, but if I don't measure it regularly, I will get sloppy and it will get out of hand.  If I slide and don't use CM for a few days, I end up off track.  It's just the way it is for me.  Get yourself a good kitchen scale.

Everyone is different.  What works for me may not work for you.  But what you are eating would not work for me.  I really think that you should just use Carb Manager and try, each day, to eat the macros provided by the app.  If you do that, you really can't go wrong.  

Good luck!

• I do the same thing. I usually have the same menu every day, and I don't get tired of it. First of all, I don't have a lot of time to cook, so I cook ahead and something easy. Something new I might try on the weekend, but rarely. I think that's OK.

• SS
    • keto_hopeful
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

RACHEL T SAPYTA Hi Rachel

I took your advice and registered with  'Carb Manager'. 

It is all starting to make much more sense now, I couldn't understand how people were able to calculate macros, etc so accurately...... Carb Manager does it for you! 

It's only day two, and I haven't introduced a variety of other foods yet, however, I will feel more confident doing so now that I can see the calculations, ratios, etc. 

Thank you for taking the time to point me in the right direction, much appreciated. ☺️

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 38Views
  • 4 Following