Low carb - Keto Friendly Ice Cream

My doctor is on Keto and told me that Kroger carries low carb ice cream. I found Halo ice cream but it still has 14gms of carbs for 1/2 cup. My total carb intake is only 21 carbs a day, so I just can't justify eating that many carbs on a snack food. 

But, I miss ice cream. 

Any suggestions?

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moondrake
    • Mother of Doggies
    • Moondrake
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try this: .3oz unsweetened baker's chocolate, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tbsp erythritol. Heat the chocolate and a little of the cream in the microwave till the chocolate melts. Stir in sweetener till it melts. Stir in remaining cream, put in a cute glass, and freeze for 2 or 3 hours. Top with heavy whipped cream, the aerosol kind is fine, just read the label, it should be one carb per two tablespoons.

Alternate flavor: 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sugar-free strawberry syrup, 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tbsp erythritol. Heat a little cream in the microwave and stir in erythritol till dissolved. Add remaining cream and lemon juice. Cream will thicken with lemon juice. Pour into cute glass, drop spoonful of strawberry syrup in middle and swirl with toothpick. Freeze for 2 to 3 hours, top with whipped cream.

These two still come out to five or six carbs a piece. However you can make a smaller portion with half the measures and still have a nice treat.  It's best with a hot drink as the cream does leave a skim of fat in your mouth.

Like 1
    • Dede
    • Dede
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Check out Rebel and Enlightened ice cream!

Like 1
    • Jenny
    • Jenny.9
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Try LUV brand ice cream 8 grams carbs 1\2 cup.

• Cggusa1
    • Cggusa1
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Carbsmart it’s at a lot of grocery stores & someone told me something about Rebel ice cream but I still haven’t found that 1

• Rebel ice cream! Google it. Plum Market carries it, along with just a few other up-scale chains right now.  $6.99 pint.  Butter pecan has 6 net carbs for the entire pint. Each different flavor has the net carbs on the very front of it for that flavor, the entire pint! :-) it's recommended to let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before you dig in.

• JesG
    • JesG
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I recently saw someone posting about a Keto “shamrock shake”, made with vanilla premier protein, ice cubes, and mint extract in a blender. Green food coloring optional, lol. 

• this might be what your dr was talking about. I found them at kroger

Like Follow
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 196Views
  • 8 Following