Is it okay to go over daily protein and fat gram goals?

Some days I find that I'm more hungry than others, and while I'm good at keeping my net carbs below 18g, I do go over my protein and fat gram goals.  Lately I've been very focused on percentage goals (75% fat, 20% protein, 5% carbs) so I don't pay that much attention to the grams.  But I'm wondering if I should be watching the grams more closely. Below is what a typical day looks like for me. 

5replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • That’s a good question 

Like 1
    • scjudd1986
    • CAD Tech
    • scjudd1986
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've read that it is ok to go over on your fats (to an extent) but not protein. Basically, your body can take excess protein and convert it to sugars through a process called gluconeogenesis.

Like 3
    • Nita
    • Nita
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Yes 

• Be careful with the protein....  Definately winds up like carbs.  That can keep you out of ketosis.  If you have to go over,  try for good fats.  They will slowly satiate you more and more... Less hungry!  Also water is your friend when hungry. 

Try to plan in advance, makes it easier to control.. 

Like 1
    • Bigmark66
    • Bigmark66
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

scjudd1986 I’ve learned that you’d have to really over do it for days at a time like three steaks a day. A blow out protein day once a week won’t hurt according to the Keto Doctor on the video. 

Like 1
Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 5Replies
  • 456Views
  • 6 Following