Keto Newbie

Hi! Today is my first day starting keto. By the time I eat my last meal I will be over my net carbs by 2 largely due to the quinoa I had at lunch. (I didn't know) I am wondering if the 2 carbs is going to hurt me? I'm also under my total fat by 4 grams. One more thing! I'm working out tonight and typically have a protein shake afterwards. Do I still drink that or no?

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Can you change what you planned on eating to fit your macros better? Add fat, reduce carbs...

You'll need to add the protein shake in and see how it fits with all the macros.

Like 1
  • goplay 

Thanks for responding.

Like 1
    • goplay
    • goplay
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cecemiller38  You're welcome.  Better to be a little high on fat and low on carbs than the other way around. :)

Like 1
    • Selkirk
    • Selkirk
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm new too. Wondering how you are doing? Feeling better? Any loss?

• duometry
    • duometry
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Selkirk I'm on day 5 of keto.  Never tried it before.  First few days were awful (keto flu) but I feel much better now and have lost two pounds.

• Selkirk hello

Doing ok. Lost 6 pounds. Fell off for two days--depressed--but I'm back on it. 

• duometry I didn't get the keto flu but I was drinking bone broth which is supposed to help prevent that. The 'flu' is basically a electrolyte imbalance. Does that mean I may not have been in ketosis? I lost 6.2 pounds the first week 

• Joanna
    • Joanna
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

cecemiller38 no don’t worry, not everyone gets keto flu, especially those who take such good care of their electrolytes.

• Try to meal prep the night before.  Most people struggle with Keto (or any other diet) because of not being prepared for it.  Eating as you go about your day will or could have be under but in most cases, people over eat when they did not meal prep for their food.  It may be a little time consuming to meal prep but , as the saying goes "plan your work (meal prep) and work your plan (weight loss) :>)

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 140Views
  • 6 Following