New to this

Hi new to all this. I am 53 years old way overweight and now post menopausal. Hope to shed about 80lbs

9replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Debbie
    • Debbie.8
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi,, I'm in the same boat.  I'll be 54 the end of Oct, with hot flashes and 100 lbs to drop..  we can do this 

Like 2
    • Kim
    • Kim.56
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hello ladies! I am 53 and menopause came at me like a freight train! I have never really been overweight,  always exercised... But when I hit the big "M"... 30 lbs came on in 3-mos. for NO apparent reason!... I finally got the scale to move (DOWN) by going LCIF (low carb intermittent fasting). Look it up and best of luck to you!!

Like 4
  • Hello ladies. I’m 54. Have been on keto for a year, though not consistently. Down 40 and hoping for 100 more. 💪

Like 5
  • jt0567ea71 WOW congratulations

Like 1
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jt0567ea71 Congratulations 🎈!  Have you found it harder to get back into Ketosis when you restart?

• Gina no I haven’t. Are you having this problem?

Like 1
    • Gina
    • Gina.9
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

jt0567ea71 Thank you for replying.  This is my first time following Keto, so I haven’t.  I was curious because I have read conflicting accounts and want to know for the future.  Thank you for sharing your experience. It’s very helpful.

Like 2
  • Gina  lots of trial and error to see what works for you. Good luck! 

• Lisa Tilson
    • Domestic goddess
    • Lisa.95
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Kim I am in the same boat. I am having a tummy tuck in a few months and my ps told me the more weight I can loose the more loose skin she can take off. My daughter who is graduating in August is doing it with me. I would appreciate and tips from seasoned keto ers. 

Like4 Follow
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 9Replies
  • 115Views
  • 8 Following