Starting Keto in 2020?

Hi there. My name is Morgan and I'm a carbaholic. I'm 300 lbs and 5'8" I'm starting my keto journey in January and I'm looking for support. Stop by and say hi. I'm here for you, too. 💜 

20replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Hi I'm Jeannie I started  keto Nov. 26 and I have lost 15lb. And I feel great. I  was 200lbs and 5'8. I wish you all the luck. If any questions just ask. 

Like 6
  • Hi I started a few weeks ago with keto. Just joined this app yesterday to see if it helps me more.

Like 2
  • Hi! I started Dec. 3 at 216 (5’7”) and I’m currently 200. I’ve found it totally doable and I don’t feel like I’m deprived food wise in any way. If I can do this, anyone can...you got this!

Like 4
  • HI I started yesterday. I'm 5'3 and 275. Short and round, ha! I'm actually not unhappy with my weight but I recognize that it's causing health issues so something must change. Personally had a hard time with the sugar cravings yesterday so we'll see how this goes. 

Like 5
  • Hang in there and don't give in to that craving!   After a short time, the craving goes away!  Yes, you will no longer have that battle going on in you're head.  You will feel so much better for it.  

Like 2
  • Fatty McRunnerPants the sugar cravings definitely recede as you go a long. I had a health scare type thing and the dr. said that  losing weight may help (don’t you love how they casually suggest this like it’s the easiest thing in the world lol) and it was the week before my birthday! I determined that if I could stay strong through that, then the other times would be easy. Stay strong, you got this!

Like 1
    • Anlymc
    • Anlymc
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there! I'm Andrea, 5'10", 314 lbs and starting this journey at the first of the year. All aspects of my life are fantastic...except my body. I am miserable. I don't care what I end up looking like, i just want to be healthy.  I'm looking for accountability friends. Thank you!

Like 3
  • Hi Morgan, I'm also starting keto in January. Will keep an eye our for posts / any tips :D 

Like 1
  • Jeannie Kelley are u also exercising to get ur weight loss?

• Missy
    • Missy.23
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi there, Morgan!  This way of eating is actually easier than I thought.  I hope this change works well for you!!  I have lost 9.8 pounds in about 3 weeks, so it really does work.  Best wishes.

Like 1
  • Young Jazz I  just started working out.

Like 1
    • Kartik
    • Kartik
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Fatty McRunnerPants You don't have to force yourself if you are just doing because of motivation it will eventually run out. You might lose weight in the beginning but you might end up gaining it too when you stop keto. You need something that's gonna stay with you forever. I have seen many people reducing weight but when they stop following the diet they gain a lot of sudden weight. I hope this doesn't happen to you. My best wishes to you . :)

• Cookie Girl  the sugar cravings left after about a week and after I discovered peanut butter would stop them in their tracks. It’s been pretty ok for the last few days :) 

Like 2
  • Kartik I actually used to be an endurance runner about 6-7 years ago before I got thyroid cancer. After my thyroid was gone I blew up like a balloon rather quickly. I miss running a lot. More than is probably normal but at this weight it hurts. Part of my emotional healing was accepting the body I wound up with and embracing every little roll. I’ve never tried anything before that worked like keto appears to! I’m excited to see where this journey takes me and hopefully it’s back into a marathon. So there’s definitely intrinsic motivation here just not in a traditional “I hate how I look” sense.

Like 1
  • Hi just started keto on Sunday at 238lbs, I've already lost 4lb so feeling very hopeful, joined the gym today aswell , excited to continue 

Like 1
    • Bee
    • Bee.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

All the best! Just do your research and stick with it - you will do great!

• ADJ
    • Ranabanana77
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi MorganWarren . I started my keto diet 1 week before xmas.  Crazy right....lol.  In 3 weeks I went from 254 lbs to 239 lbs.  Good luck on your journey 🙂

• BIGSask
    • BIGSask
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Fatty McRunnerPants 

Check the label on your peanut butter jar.  No Name Crunchy PB has icing sugar as the #2 ingredient.  (PB is a high carb food, too.)

MorganWarren

CarbManager works if ...

1.  You complete the setup to get your macros (and recalculate them every week, at least, as you lose weight—unless you’re on the paid version, which does it automatically.)

2.  Enter EVERYTHING you put in your mouth.  Even instant coffee has carbs.  Be specific by BRAND.   Watch how each entry affects your daily macros.  DO NOT go over your carbs or calories.

3.  MEASURE everything.  No guesses.  No approximations.

I’m 5’ 4”.  I was 225 Nov 26 and lost 21 pounds in five weeks.  Only 68 more to go!

• BIGSask My peanut butter has 3 grams a tablespoon so not something that can’t be worked into my meals. I’ve actually been making fat bombs with it which can be totally worth it when you’re fiending for sweets.

• Hi Everyone! We all in the struggle together! I am glad I decided to lose weight for better health. I was watching a video about keto diet the other day interesting.

bit.ly/3fIfhAr

Like14 Follow
  • 14 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 20Replies
  • 393Views
  • 23 Following